About 2018 Year End Appeal
Activism on all levels has turned the fight for lymphatic diseases (LD), such as lymphedema (LE) and lipedema (LI) into a global movement. A few of the 2018 accomplishments for which LE&RN Supporting Members can take credit:
• The creation of first-ever standards for Centers of Excellence in the Diagnosis and Treatment of Lymphatic Diseases.
• An increase in lymphatic and lymphedema research funding at the National Institutes of Health.
• The passage of a first-in-the-nation bill in New York State requiring all hospitals to give LE information packets to any at-risk patient.
• The first LE&RN Washington, DC legislative Lobby Days and Rally demanding increased research funding.
• The creation of the first online Physician Continuing Education seminar on Lymphatic-Vascular Disease Diagnosis and Treatment.
There are so many more accomplishments in which you can take pride. You are part a movement to secure new treatments and a cure for lymphatic diseases.